Digital kick-off: Welcome to the official launch of NORA.startup!
Through cooperation between academia, incubators and startup companies NORA.startup is building a national innovation network for research-based innovation. Welcome to NORA.startup digital kick-off on 29th September.
The launch will feature exciting keynote speakers and discussion on how to promote and strengthen Norwegian startups in AI, machine learning and robotics and how to better build bridges between the startup community and the research community! Please register by following the link below:
Registration for the digital kick-off
Program: NORA.startup kick-off 29th September 2020
- 15:00 - Welcome by Klas Pettersen
- 15:03 - "AI, Norway and Entrepreneurship: The good, the bad and the ugly" by Morten Irgens
- 15:18 - What is NORA.startup? by Freyja Jørgensen
- 15:30 - Collaboration examples and experiences in the field from a selection of researchers, startups and investors - get a taste of what the NORA.startup network can offer
- Morten Goodwin, Associate Professor UiA: “The StAIlist” - an example of a good collaboration.
- Anita Schjøll Brede, CEO and co-founder iris.ai: “Building a research based startup outside an established research environment”.
- Robert Jenssen, Professor, head of the UiT Machine Learning Group and the SFI Visual Intelligence: “Research-driven innovation at the UiT Machine Learning Group and at the new SFI Visual Intelligence”.
- Gro Eirin Dyrnes, Regional Director Innovation Norway, San Francisco & Silicon Valley: “Commercializing R&D, the Silicon Valley way”.
- 16:15 - Coffee break and the possibility to ask questions
- 16:25 - Panel discussion led by Klas Pettersen, open for the listeners to post questions: On the possibilities for innovation in the field of AI, machine learning and robotics. What are the challenges we face in Norway in the intersection between business and research. How can we excel in the years to come?
- 16:55 - Wrap-up
Read more about NORA.startup at https://www.nora.ai/nora-startup and don't forget to apply for membership.
Published Aug. 28, 2020 8:49 AM
- Last modified Oct. 20, 2020 12:03 AM